Business Development Manager
This is a job for a person who likes technology. This nature of the job means that the Business Development Manager has to be a dynamic person with wide ranging knowledge of the business and the business world. He must be pro-active so as to can anticipate the clients’ needs, with a gift for communication and negotiation.
In this position, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for all aspects of business operations, with a strong emphasis on business development. The BDM will be driving efforts to meet market objectives through successful delivery on pre-set targets. You will be responsible for ensuring market requirements are well looked into and well served.In this role, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for the Business in a specific territory at Harco HIS and will coordinating and reporting to the Managing Director at the HIS Division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute the company’s sales strategies and achieve established Sales Target of US Dollars X per Quarter by identifying business opportunities through account prospecting and profiling.
- Thoroughly assess the customer’s needs and present an appropriate sales solution to assist the customer in recognizing the technological and business need for our products and their advantages
- Provide effective sales presentations and product demonstrations to prospective customer management including site visits per line of products
- Promote efficiently the image of Harco Group and its mission
- Search and screen new System Integrators when needed and empower existing business relations while adhering to the company’s strategy
- Train customers on the product features and functionality
- Write new projects specifications with end-users, consultants, system integrators
- Develop Company and Product ‘Brand Awareness’ and market education for end-users, consultants, system integrators, storage providers, big network and IT providers, contractors, security association, etc…
- Provide regular status reporting on project issues and forecast
- Install, maintain and configure video security equipment
- Identify existing large analog CCTV installations and migrate to IP
- Gather intelligence information on competition
- Gather beneficial field info
- Prepare appropriate sales order paperwork to ensure purchase order reflects appropriate configuration/solution for the customer
- Manage the quotation process efficiently (pre-sales, follow-up, post-sales, etc.)
- Track all major events related to security in the territories
- Maintain a thorough on-going knowledge of Harco products and technology, as well as industry trends
- Monitor your territory and update the management about legal, cultural, commercial and economic conditions that might effect the company’s operations in the market.
- Work on new ideas, services and objectives
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Business Computer or equivalent; MBA is a plus.
Marketing experience and knowledge is a plus
At least 4 – 6 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above or in a Business IT role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong understanding of retail and wholesale channel management
- Proven exceptional skills in customer management and handling, and resolution of complex issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interface with various groups, customers and partners is a MUST
- Big experience/knowledge of IT
- Excellent verbal and written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good Negotiating skills and customer orientation
- Strong work ethic, and positive, pro-active attitude and work style is a must
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, as well as time management skills, in order to handle busy work and travel schedule, are required
- Experience/knowledge of CCTV and Video over IP
- Understanding of Wireless systems communication
- Security concepts and Technologies
- Knowledge of Storage solutions is a plus
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, combined with the ability to implement new concepts
- Ability to conduct search for specific subjects on the Internet
- Ability to easily utilize various software packages and office equipment necessary for completion of clerical tasks such as Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint presentations, Office, Visio, Fax, etc.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
· Arab and English are essential (speaking, reading, writing)
· Hindi or French are optional